Too much, too bright, too powerful...

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Simple Simon



Long time no see...  I have been hit and miss with this blogging thing and slap my wrist every night in penance. School, life, art, and writing have eaten my time but I suppose there could be worse things to complain about.

So, last minute as always, I decided to try my luck at this year's SCBWI Carolinas Art & Writing Contest and as is the way of the Travis, I am rushing all out with as little time as possible- I double entered, writing and art!  ;)

I submitted the first chapter of my YA book AND entered the art contest-
Said art contest asked for a piece based on the SIMPLE SIMON rhyme of old:

Simple Simon met a pieman,
Going to the fair;
Says Simple Simon to the pieman,
“Let me taste your ware.”
Says the pieman to Simple Simon,
“Show me first your penny.”
Says Simple Simon to the pieman,
“Indeed I have not any.”

I may have run a little TOO LITERAL as I actually MADE A PIEMAN!!! 


Poor PIE-RATE...  hehe

I made the thing with watercolour and prismacolor and am pretty pleased with the end result...  I'm crossing my fingers because I may have a hard time attending the conference this year if I don't win with one of them...  

Doubtful but I am optimistic to a faultline...


4 comments:

  1. HA! A very creative take on the theme. Good luck with your dual entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. :) THanks! It did end up pretty cute didn't it... heh I was worried about it being far into creepy but I guess it balanced out.

      Delete